DAY 18 The Sun

The Sun
Day 18  This started in a totally different direction and then when I turned it went another direction.  This, believe it or not, had a strip of aluminum foil going through the cloud layer.  I was hoping that it would still be reflective (you can see hints of reflections in real life), but I wasn't able to really pull that off, so I added the white clouds to cover the edges.  There are quite a few layers to this piece and I am learning not to get too precious about anything that I like in the first layers.  To get the texture you have to build up.  Also when using the gloss medium it tends to make everything translucent, so I have to figure out more strategically where I really want to use that layer to protect existing layers.

Thanks much for stopping by to take a look.

Comments

Sheila said…
WOW, you really are experimenting Nelvia! Way to go! Love the layers and textures. I got lost looking for a few minutes, LOL :)
Joan Tavolott said…
Love seeing how you challenge yourself with your experiments. Great layers!
carol edan said…
Lovely textures and effects!
Nelvia said…
Gets even more fun when you turn these guys around and get totally different angles and looks. I have been lost this whole challenge, but it is fun.
Nelvia said…
I don't know if any of this will actually stick, but I am making a mess right now and enjoying trying something with no expectation.
Nelvia said…
Thank you Carol, means a lot as you are an expert on textures, marks and effects.
Boy, are you ever experimenting! This almost looks the way our sun did for most of the summer as the smoke was pretty thick. I bet this look really interesting in person - great job Nelvia.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo