DAY 24 Overview

Overview
DAY 24 Today is one of those days where I had no clue what was going to come out on the canvas, but I swear some of these paint themselves.  Sometimes I see images and then I can negative paint (or try to) and other days, well, it is what it is.  I like the color combination in this one and felt I just had to add that spot of red.  I called this overview because it reminds me of being in an airplane and looking at the ground.  It is all sectioned out, different colors and textures.  But, I also see a door and debated on whether or not to put in an address in the transom area, but then thought that might be too leading to the viewer, so it's your choice what you would call this piece.  I used both my palette knife and dollar store color shapers and enjoyed how the paint moved differently versus the palette knife.   I did like the texture result too.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

laurelle said…
Oh, so very interesting...it is fascinating how we can see one thing in so many different ways. I see a thin alleyway leading to the door, but it's a magical kind of place because of all the wonderful lines in the architecture. So this not an ordinary place. My first thought about the red was the red strips of light that are illuminated above the doors of the prostitutes in Amsterdam, but then the red became another aspect of the fantastical (is that a word?) aspect of the composition.
carol edan said…
Love the colors and textures! Yes, that red spot adds! Like the composition! Winner!
Sheila said…
Underneath that red, next to the dark rectangle, I feel as if I am looking down a long wall with light at the end. The dark shapes look like a lock, or gate latch. And that space between the wal and the lock is illuminated. Great depth, just pulled me in. :)
Super piece Nelvia! I like the textured look. It makes me think of old worn out buildings close together with secrets around the corner.
Nelvia said…
Thanks
Laurel le, I too saw the door and though buildings. I was going to put numbers in, and I do like the thought it might be the red light district, makes it more interesting I think
Nelvia said…
Thanks Carol, I really liked the results in this one
Nelvia said…
I can see that, I think I am actually going to frame this one S I like everything about this result
Nelvia said…
Seems I should have gone with the door as the title as most everyone sees buildings. I am good with that. Am going to try another with this type of texture, gone from a person who wanted to see no marks, to loving the texture
Joan Tavolott said…
Great texture. This makes me think of an old, weathered barn with a missing slat where you can see through to the inside. The red really calls your eye. Someone once said you should always have a touch of red somewhere in your painting. Nicely done!
Robie Benve said…
Wonderful piece, textural and with a winning composition. I love all the different interpretations of what everyone sees. The moment you mentioned aerial view, I thought "that's it!" that is really all I can see. I took several photos during flights and I have been planning on painting them some day, this reminds me I should get them out and be inspired. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your techniques behind this beautiful piece.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo