30 Day Challenge #10 - Bella in Oil

Bella
5"27"
Oil
This is Bella, a friend's Beagle puppy, think she is 8 months.  Anyway she asked if I wanted to use her for the challenge and sent me a picture.  I decided to try the oils again but did it on canvas paper instead of matboard, which has a slippery surface.  I am not real sure of the colors but I think they are close, I am working with a very limited palette and couldn't get exactly what I was looking for, but in sunlight pictures she is pretty rusty.   The light beige is where I ran into mixing trouble, got either too white, yellow or burnt sienna - ah well.  She sure looks like a cutie.  Have sent to Diane and hoping to hear back from her with her reaction.  Hoping she will like it and that is actually looks like Bella.  Haha

 
In just 24 hours since I hung the oils with caps down the consistency of the paint has improved a bit, but I have to continually wet them on the palette as they are drying out.  When I first put them out, and found with oils you got to use lots of paint, I smush them with some additional water to get them creamy, these are the water mixable oils, so don't gasp.
 
Thanks for stopping by and hoping you are having a great weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Bella is gorgeous Nelvia !! OMGosh. I love her and LOVE your previous lioness. You're getting SO good !
Tam Foree said…
Your pup is so cute. She looks so peaceful.... AWWWWWW

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo