30 Day Challenge #9 - Lioness Oil

Lioness
8"x10"
Oil
Had a lot of fun today, but sooooo far outside my comfort zone.  If you have followed me for a while you know I don't paint loose ( not that this really qualifies as real loose but for me it is), I don't do abstract (I am calling the background abstract) and I don't do oil.  So today - what the heck, it's time for some fun and not take myself too seriously in this challenge.  That is what the challenge is for to experiment and not think you are going to make quality pictures every day.  So this piece is done in oil on a piece of matboard. 
 
I have had the oils for many years, never used much and so had to reconstitue them.  I now have them hanging cap down with binder clips on the crimped end attached to paperclips attached to a drawer with a lip.  I am hoping that the oil will move back down so that it isn't hard as a rock and gets to be smooth and buttery again.  May have to end up and replace, but will try this and see what happens.
 
I have no idea why I put any of the colors I used (well I do have a limited pallet so I couldn't go too far wrong) or where I put them in the background, but it works for me today, so I am not gong to question it.  I will have to pull out Harley Brown and read how he does backgrounds  to try to figure out this abstract thing.  Alexendar and Jane - help - where do I start?  I ain't just feeling it guys.
 
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a good week.  Think we got above freezing this afternoon Yessss!

Comments

I love the looseness of this one and I think the background is wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo