30 in 30 Challenge #8 - Windswept

Windswept
8"x10"
Pastel/Black Matboard
Just took a hot apple pie out of the oven and I should have my house on the market to sell, because anyone coming in would definitely feel homey and get hungry.  :)

An artist I really admire told me to practice tonality, and I try to do so occasionally, work from a black and white photo and just choose a limited palette.  Since I was mentally tired today I decided to try to do a tonal piece and something that didn't have a lot of detail in it.  Am a bit worried because I am actually tired and only a quarter of the way into this.  Hobby Lobby sells packs of matboards centers and you get all kind of boards and colors, mostly non-acid, for about 50 cents each.  Got a smooth black matboard and went at it.  Almost the biggest challenge was to break up the solid black hair mass, especially on the right-hand side.  
thanks for stopping by and hope you are doing well if you are in the challenge and stay warm - we have next 36 hours not getting above 32 and yep we live in the deep South!!

Comments

Alexander said…
dont worry about the hair, that is fine, your problem is the bridge of the nose. otherwise nice new theme in your work
Jane said…
She looks good Nelvia,lots of movement to this profile which I think is hard to achieve . Great work on mouth and hair.
Nelvia said…
Yeah nose is real one in this but I as too wiped it to redo.
Nelvia said…
Hey Kane check tomorrow as I have questions for you regarding abstract

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo