30 Day Challenge #20 - Iblis

                                                                          Iblis
                                                                        9"x12"
                                                                         Pastel
Oh boy, today we are 2/3's of the way through this challenge and that means we are closer to being done than not.  Right now I am really ready, but am plodding along and feel that my work is reflecting that mental attitude.  There are a couple hundred artists posting daily, so I think I am feeling in the minority at this point, everyone is just chugging along. 

Want to do another Grand Canyon painting so I am working on Grand Canyon oil studies and it isn't ready to post as yet, hoping tomorrow if I can get it to look like I'd like it to.  Building rocks, really trying to paint looser and mixing colors from my limited palette is  slowing me down.  So, I am posting this study I did in a couple of hours, using again a very limited palette of 8 colors - each color assigned to a value tone on a black and white photo ref.  This is a wonderful shot from Gary Jones at PMP, he has quite a few of this particular male lion, Iblis.   And isn't he kingly and majestic?

Thanks much for stopping by. 

Comments

Elisha said…
Great lion!

I wouldn't say I'm ready for the challenge to end, but I'm ready for a break and I've only done 14 paintings so far.
Nelvia said…
Hi Elisha, it's not about how many but just the doing of it, but it does get wearing, at least for me this time. Thanks much for stopping by.
Nelvia said…
Hi C, Happy New Year, once I am completed here will be back at it. Hope all are well and know you have been busy getting into trouble somewhere!!!
Meredith Adler said…
Nelvia, the lion is wonderful, you are doing great work!

Don't feel along--you're not! I'm very tired, too...part of the issue for me is a full-time job to work around. I think it's normal to want it to be done. I can paint every day but the HAVING TO is what's so tiring for me!
love the lion. I don't remember seeing him in the posts on Leslie's page but that might have been one of the days that I was pressed for time. I, too, am getting a bit tired of the challenge but not the painting - lol.
Tam Foree said…
Nelvia, You have got pastels down pat. This is incredible!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo