30 Day Challenge #28 - Turquoise Reflections

                                                               Turquoise Reflections
                                                                          5"x7"
                                                                Pastel/Sanded Paper

What I know about cars might fill up a thimble.  But like many Americans I am fascinated with the chrome, shiny colorful finishes and of course that it continues to run.  Thanks to Sue at PMP for this wonderful reference of an antique car.  I want to do this again but with color pencils as I think that will indeed give me the glossy look that would make the chrome and paint shine and do this car justice.  But for sake of time and speed this is done with pastels.  Again I used the blue palettes that I don't normally every mess with and find the rich colors refreshing.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Very nice work, Nelvia. You painted the chrome and glass beautifully.
Tam Foree said…
This is so cheery and colorful. Love the turquoise and the shapes. It is great!
Marty Shively said…
My only success with this subject matter has been photographs - but you have inspired me to try a painting
Love the reflections in the headlight and the chrome!
I think you did a great job with the shine. - very well done!
Nelvia said…
It looks so much smoother in the photo but IRL it is gritty because I did it in sand paper. Can't wait to try color pencil. Definitely am going to do more vintage cars
Nelvia said…
Isn't this family of blue-greens pretty. Don't know why I haven't used them. I have. One of my goals for this year is to get colors out of the box that have been ignored. Be fun to see what happens
Nelvia said…
Thanks Marty for stopping by and leaving a comment. Now that challenge is over will check out your blog and hopefully see some of your photos. Yes, please give it a try,. This just wet my appetite and will definitely do more
Nelvia said…
Just like the horse eye, am finding you can add all kind of colors for reflections. Kind of opened my eyes, yes I am a bit slow. My shadow will have lots more color in my shadows
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, more subject in this vein to come so hope to figure out colors and technique a bit more. I do like reflections and appreciate what people who paint glass do, so might try that too. Who knows! It is so much fun, isn't it?
Meredith Adler said…
I think this...is fabulous!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo