30 Day Challenge #17 - Fall Leaf Gold

                                                                      Fall Leaf Gold
                                                                              7"x5"
                                                                    Marker/Gold Leaf
Ok I got to say that unlike Leslie, this is starting to wear on me a bit and still seems like an endless time before the end.   While I paint most days I don't try to get something done, and I am wishing I could work on something a bit longer and slower.  But on the bright side I have gotten to paint some things I've thought about for a while, experimented with new media, supports and generally enjoyed my studio time. 

Felt like trying an experiment today, and this is something I heard about from one of Leslie Saeta's co-hosts on AHA radio show (I think it might have been Carrie Waller), not sure what she did but she said she did gold leaf in one of the earlier challenges.  So this is just a simple fall leaf with random marker marks and then a bit color pencil and graphite on top to add some interest and the background is gold leaf.  I had to do two layers to get a good solid coverage.  Will definitely try this again, but maybe change up the background with just some gold leaf to see if it has more impact. 

Sorry for the shot, the gold leaf is shiny so it reflected in places and not in others.  Finally got some sun today, yeah so maybe can start to get some outside shots again. 

Thanks much for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend.

Comments

Marty Shively said…
Nicely done - great "natural" feel
hmuxo said…
I love the Fall colors in this painting, Nelvia. Nice work.....
Jane said…
A very 'true to real' leaf, lovely warm colors and LOVE the golden background.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo