30 in 30 Challenge #7 - Lady in Red



 
Lady in Red
7"x5"
                                                 Color Pencil/Hot Press Watercolor Paper

Week 1 of the challenge is history!!!!!    And yes, I did sing the song the whole time I worked on this.

I thought Leslie put it very well yesterday "But this is the time where the novelty starts to wear off and it's really easy to come up with a reason not to complete the challenge. Painting 30 paintings in 30 days is not easy."

Saw another artist on PMP do an interpretation of this photo and just loved it so had to try myself.   Also wanted to see if I could make her look like she was lookingY up.   Did do this on hot press watercolor paper I inadvertently ordered and since it's smooth wanted to see how it worked against Stonehenge (because I sure can't paint on it).   It does have a little texture and really takes the graphite, even makes a 4H pencil look very dark.   In the photo she has a really elaborate scarf hood type thing on and want to try her again figuring out how to do a transparent scarf.
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope your week is going well.
 

Comments

hmuxo said…
The best of luck with the challenge, Nelvia. You're doing beautifully already..... I LOVE your previous Norma's Eye... I love cropped paintings and you did the eyes perfectly!!!
sidmar said…
So pretty ,love love love the red scarf, lovely job:) keep going you are doing great.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo