BFFs Day 12 30 Day Challenge

                                                                     BFFs
                                                                    11"x14"
                                                                     Pastel
I saw this picture on PMP so many thanks to Kathy Patterson and knew I had to do it.  What a special "animal" moment and how unlikely that they could enjoy each other.  I wasn't quite sure it was all sweet at first when I looked at the tail, but I will take the photographer's lead and agree they are buds.  Trying to capture the donkey's shaggy coat was a bit of a problem on this very dimpled matboard.  Ok for rust background to show through on donkey, but didn't want it on the cat.  Beside the fact that I don't like backgrounds and never have good ideas for them, I just put in the faintest hit of shadow and ground and kept it really simple so the main focus in on the two subjects.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

I thought this was a WIP at first with the back end of the cat still to be done. Then I realized his rear was toward the back - lol. You did a great job on the fur for both critters.
Meredith Adler said…
I think it's perfect...sometimes a background can really distract and with this painting, you kept the relationship and emotion front and center. Fantastic job!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo