Penny WIP

I haven't done a WIP in quite a while.  This is the first oil portrait I have tried since the early 90s, so I thought I would document this one.  This is a friend I used to work with and she just posted this photo and well, she is just beautiful.  I knew I would have to see if I could paint her and capture her lively personality and her beautiful reddish hair.   If I can pull it off I think it will be one of the best things I have ever painted.
I am a little concerned as she was in deep shade with back lighting so I really pumped up the light in the photo and also have a B&W reference I am working with as well.
As you can see I have the right eye, teeth and mouth pretty well in hand - note to myself - leave them alone!!!  So today will try to get the left eye shape correct and put in the background as that may change the flesh tones that I see.
Thanks for taking this journey with me and stopping by.

Comments

Meredith Adler said…
Looking forward to seeing where you go with this one! Looks like a great start!
Alexander said…
looking very much forward for more

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo