Gracie Day 26 30 Day Challenge

Gracie
9"x12"
Pastel

Today's inspiration, this dog belongs to a friend of mine who graciously let me try to see if I could capture her, meet Gracie.   I believe she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  She really came together, I usually don't do a dog in a couple of hours, but felt I was in the zone and just kept going.  Then stopped before I could start to fiddle.

I thought at first she looked mad, but upon researching I found other pictures of this breed who have this look as well.  First time I have done this breed and she was lots of fun with her curly hair.  I might give her a try in oil too just to see how she turns out.   This pastel is done on black paper, and it really is easy to cover and the black peeking through I think adds some interest to the fur texture.

Thanks for stopping by and have a super week.


Comments

Jane said…
Great work on the fur and the expression . I too thought she looked a bit mad , comforting to know this is just the way this breed is :-)
fabulous job! the curly hair is great - I don't know how you can such good detail with pastel - well done.
Meredith Adler said…
Beautiful work, you are so multi-talented. The fur looks great!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo