Elephants Eye Day 4 30 DayChallenge

                                                                Elephant's Eye
                                                                    11"x14"
                                                                    Acrylic
I know this is an unusual subject, but again I am working textures during this challenge.  This is on matboard as it has some weight, but still since modeling paste and putting acrylic on it gets pretty wet it does want to warp a bit.  Anyway again this is a two-step process where I put the modeling paint all over, except for the actual eyeball area.  Tried to make all those wrinkles and then came backin and accented them again with darker paint.  Again, you can't see all the texture on this piece, it definitely is a "touch me" painting. 
Thanks for taking a look and have a super day, even though it is Monday after the holiday  (makes me cringe to think of it!!)

Comments

Nancy Goldman said…
Very nice! I wish I could see this in person so I could get the full effect of the texture.
It would be so nice if our photos could show the texture - oh, well, if art was all about photos where would we be? I really like the color blends on the skin and imagine it looks super in real life - good job!
Meredith Adler said…
Very appealing piece, great use of technique here!
Jane said…
Really like this unusual painting, you did an amazing job on the wrinkly skin !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo