Miners Tool Day 7 Challenge

                                                                       Miner's Tool
                                                                            6"x9"
                                                                        Color Pencil
Well here it is already one week down on the challenge.  Mixed feelings as in some ways it seems long and others seems relatively painless, so ...

As promised here is the miner's tool from the infamous Oatman (did I say narrow road??) now colorized.  It is funny how when you don't work in a media for a while you have to get reacquainted.  First off I am happy it is from one of my photos, I like the face it has the repetitive geometry and different textures.  I do need to try to do some research on what this was called and how it was used.

But I do realize after looking at my shots versus many of my friends at PMP that my shots aren't framed artfully they are information seeking and straightforward shots.  Guess I need to do some work on that as well as I would like to use more of my photos (or maybe press my hubby into service as he does quite nice photos)

thanks much for stopping by, your support really helps on this adventure and is so much appreciated.

Comments

hmuxo said…
I love how you captured that antique look in the machine. Nice work.
This looks like a very sturdy contraption. I like the effect you got on the metal - good job!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo