Miners Tool Day 3 30 Day Challenge

This is my preliminary sketch for colorizing this picture.  You will see it in another day or so, hopefully with color. 
When we were in Arizona we stopped in Kingman, at the visitors center (across from the worlds famous root beer dinner) the man told us about Oatman, AZ where they have gunfights and wild donkeys that the miners left behind.  So off we go up Route 66 -- had to be the scariest drive of my life.  The landscape gets moon-like and the road is narrow, sharp curvnes, did I say narrow, steep drops, did I say narrow, RVs bigger than Canada, did I say narrow???    Saw many who didn't make it down in the gully - so bad Paulie wouldn't let me drive either direction.  Anyway got to Oatman, saw the donkeys (and their remanents), gunfighters and this old miners tractor.  Not sure exactly how it worked but looked kind of lethal on the wheels.  I just can't get away from portraits, so decided to make this a two day event, drawing phase and then color it up and look at the difference color can make.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a super day.

Comments

Jane said…
Sounds like a nightmare drive ...just HATE narrow roads and steep drops !! Your drawing is great , actually impressive with all the perfect detailing, looking forward to seeing it colored !
That drive sounds very scary! This looks like a very strange machine and I look forward to seeing it colored.
Nancy Goldman said…
Nice drawing Nelvia. I can't wait to see it with color.

When I was little, we used to travel to AZ quite often. I remember those towns but not the drive. Of course, I was probably just playing while my dad was driving so I wasn't concerned about narrow roads.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo