Fall in Nova Scotia Day 13 30

                                                                 Fall in Nova Scotia
                                                                         Acrylic
                                                                         8"x10"
Still working on landscapes and palette knife paintings and trying to loosen up and not go so overly detailed.  Felt my grasses, reeds and stones were a success.  Have to admit that the red flowers were done with a fan brush.  That's another brush everyone loves and I guess I have never really learned how to manipulate it.  Knifes and rocks were meant to go together I realize.  I realize too that I am stingy with the paint and that you really do use a lot more paint with a knife.  Even using a brush I am on the not much side - guess that comes from not really liking to see the brush strokes.  But am working on that and developing a new eye.
But good thing is once it is down then you can smear (yes, that's a technical term) it around a whole lot easier.  I also have to admit that I don't get cerulean blue, I find it a very weak color compared to colbalt and ultra marine - anyone have any other suggestions for a nice light blue? 
Also trying out a tip from AHA - Murphy's Soap Oil for cleaning brushes - wash out the excess paint in water, put into the Murphy's, then wash until clean.  It does seem to get ride of the build up right below the ferrell.
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having the best day.

Comments

You set yourself a challenge with this one. A complicated scene with lots of different textures for palette knife use.I like the rock wall under the building best - very realistic.
Meredith Adler said…
Looks like you handled the knife quite well...it's hard to do those small areas and yours look great! I sent you an email about blue!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo