Day 23 Nettie Huxley


Again anther John Singer Sargent, this is Nettie Huxley, done in 1888.  I first drew her in 1997 and now again.  I think I captured her feminine features better in the second attempt.  Did have a rough go with the nose this time around and seems to me the eyes not the same size (thought I had corrected that)  Oh well, back to,the drawing board.  I am using my site measuring but think as I'm actually drawing I am distorting.  Not on my drawing table at for a few more days so that might be affecting it as well.   But overall I am pleased with her.
Thanks for taking a look and hope you are having a super day.

Comments

I like it! I don't know what the original looks like but it is not about the copying, it is about the learning - well done!
Jane said…
I think you did a great portrait, and I didn't notice anything about the eyes if not for the lovely expression .
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, I learn every time I try one of these. I still don't have it exact to the original, so will,try yet again.
Nelvia said…
Hey ther guy, thanks for taking a look, hope you are well,
Nelvia said…
Thanks Jane for double checking me, I got so close I begin to imagine differences.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo