Day 13 Bella



                                                   
                                                     Bella - The Second Time Around
                                                                         Pastel
                                                                         8"x10
My friend, Diane, was kind enough to let me do her dog again.  I first did Bella back in the January challenge when she was just a puppy.  She has posted some really cute pictures on facebook, and Bella is quite the diva now.  This took me more time than some of my other daily drawings because I really  wanted to try to get her more accurately.  And of course I reverted back to pastel because it is my security blanket.  But pastel is ok, since the first time I did her was in oil. 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, have a great weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Amazing!! You're getting better and better!! This looks like a photo!
This is fabulous. I often wonder why people paint portraits of dogs as most of the time the only one who would want it is the dog's owner but this is really charming.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, thanks so much for such a super comment. I think I do improve when I do these challenges. I know I get faster and more decisive. But I sure am glad for my pastels cause using the brush wouldn't cut it.
Nelvia said…
Thanks so much Val. Know you are still not feeling well. I can only speak for myself, but I do the portraits to learn the different breeds and get good enough so that I can sell when owners do want them. Luckily for me this one is going to the owner. Of course I just love to do portraits of anything... even a rock could speak to me I guess. Have a good one and get to feeling better.
Tam Foree said…
Good work, Nelvia! Great shadows and texture of fur. Love the expression, too=contentment it says to me!
Alexander said…
A very fine artwork. Looks like a painting out of the 19th century
Helen said…
Wow... perfection!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo