Day 27 Splash Ballerina

Most of us don't have the perfect art space, but having been without for a week it sure makes me appreciate what I have.  It felt so good to be back in my creative space where I had things at my disposal.  I loved the flow of this piece but found it was difficult to make a wet splash effect with a dry pastel.  Think I will try this again with wet paint for the splash and figure.  Who knew I'd develop such a love for black paper?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday.

Comments

Nelvia - Amazing effect with dry pastel! Lovely.
- Connie
Nelvia said…
Thanks Connie, now that the challenge is almost complete I want to,spend some time in tiur blog, enjoyed the txt on several things and also really
Ike your abstracts. Trying these myself and got lots to,learn.
This is great Nelvia, I think the splash effect worked well with the pastels but it may look different in person. I have done the odd piece in acrylic and oil on black backgrounds and it is certainly different than white. It is always nice to find a new method.
Nelvia said…
I am anxious to see how it could be in paint, but glad the effect came through as more than just dots strung together.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo