Day 30 Motherly Love

                                                                 Motherly Love
                                                                      9"x12"
                                                                      Pastel
Final day of the challenge and hooray, I made it!!!  Now back to real life and my new color studies that I want to work through.
This is the third time I did this challenge, but the first time it wasn't a tremendous pressure, I changed my mindset I guess and it worked.  As always it was worth the effort and I learned a lot, enjoyed just playing with some things and experimenting which I don't always do in real life.  Not sure however, if I am going to do the January challenge as it is only a couple of months away.
Who knew how much people love cows, I know of one person that only does cows and sells everything she can make.  Go figure.  This came from a reference photo on PMP by Diane Mowery.   When I saw this I thought it was pretty cool and did one last challenge on black paper.  I certainly do love the black paper and went with a vignette instead of the whole cows.
Thanks much for stopping by and have a great week.  

Comments

hmuxo said…
OMgosh Nelvia! This is wonderful! That has to be my favorite. Perfect colors and amazing texture.....LOVE LOVE it!
Jane said…
You did a great job again Nelvia, you really can do anything, so versatile !
It has always surprised me the number of people who like cow paintings - go figure. This is charming.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, got to love that black paper as it certainly added to the texture. Glad you like this
Nelvia said…
Thanks for taking a look and leaving a comment Sue, will follow up with your work too. Much appreciated.
Nelvia said…
Hi Jane, am just trying to find my way here and guess the good thing about trying things is that sometimes they work!!
Nelvia said…
Hi Val, am going to do an analysis of what people responded to in the challenge and am sure I will learn some interesting things. This cow was certainly responded to via here and on facebook. Still haven't figured out the intrigue yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo