Kenneth Grahame Day 4 Masters Copy


This is Kenneth Grahame, drawn by John Singer Sargent in 1912.  Sargent is one of my favorite artists and you will see more studies of his drawings as we go farther into the challenge.  He is the absolute master of minimal strokes and as you can see much of this is really in shadow.  I actually lightened it up a bit with accents of light gray for the highlighted areas and used the gray of the paper for the midtones.  This actually is the second study I did today as I just didn't connect with the first one, it takes a bit of doing before I can into the rhythm of his drawings.  But hope by the end of this challenge that won't be the case.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.  TGIF

Comments

hmuxo said…
Very nice!! I love John Singer Sargent!!!
Tam Foree said…
This is really great! Love the nose and the shadows.Always love a good monochromatic drawing!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo