Night Lanterns Day 8 30 Day Challenge

One of the hardest things for me in trying to be an artist is to see something in my head and not be able to get it onto paper.  I took a shortcut here and tried to make translucent lanterns on black paper, got the buckle and black always eats color.  While I did under paint the lanterns with white gesso and used glazes made with the airbrush acrylic fluid medium these didn't turn out as I initially saw them in my head.  However I do like how the colors show up off the black.  And certain parts do have the translucence I was looking for.  So I guess that's why we keep coming back and trying again and again to get the look we think we see.  Know I learned something from this exercise.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Comments

sidmar said…
Love the translucency here, that black bg makes them really stand out good job.
A very hard subject to tackle. It is always nice to learn something from our art - even if the painting doesn't turn out the way we 'see' it. Have a great day to you too!
Nelvia said…
Hi Maryam, I wish it were a bit more translucent, and will definitely try again and try for brighter colors. I have fallen in love with black paper in this challenge
Nelvia said…
I guess that is what the practice is all about, training the hand to paint what the brain sees. You never stop learning and I guess that is why I love art so much

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo