Day 21 Hands

Was counting on using my iPad to post to Leslie's site but is too big so just posting to big and Facebook I guess.  Today's project was to do hands.  For me they are one of the most expressive parts of the body, but also one of the hardest to work with.  I certainly need more practice to be able to get the shading without lines.  For something like this I think charcoal may be preferred over graphite to get the softer edges.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great start to the week

Comments

pretty decent job - I hate doing hands! I have used a blending stump to get soft lines by rubbing the pencil on the stump then drawing with the stump. Soft touches and layers with the stump is the trick - good luck.
Alexander said…
I think hands are difficult to draw. But you made a fine job. And believe me fingers are never really fine for the one who draws

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo