Helen Sears Day 6 30 day challenge

A


This is Helen Sears, another of John Singer Sargent drawings, done in 1912.   Wouldn't he have been an excellent and very interesting person to have to dinner?   This time instead of graphite I used white/black hard pastel sticks.  As Paulie says this picture is unusual as in the original the background is black too, so, most of the picture is very dark.  This drawing came together quickly, probably less than 30 minutes, and was hard for me not to overwork it.  I tried leaving stokes in her dress but did smooth out the face, sort of wish I would have left it with original stokes as I think it was fresher.  (Ok, went back and did a rough up more on the face, which do you like better, A or B?)  Oh well, note for next drawing.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Comments

Jane said…
Sometimes magic just happens immediately , this is really great, well done !
Interesting study! I think I like B best as A looks unfinished but often that is the look people want. It is hard not to over-do sometimes and it is one of my failings - lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo