30 Day Challenge - Day 14 - Mugshot 10

                                                               Mugshot 10   4"x4"
Ok in this mugshot I premixed colors for the mid and light flesh tones and for shadow and half tones. The halftones are primarily the grays that are his beard areas.  I then tried to mix from those basic flesh tones to get the others.  I am working on mixes on my color charts as well to see if I can find just the right colors that I want to move forward with.

For whatever reason, maybe because I really went to a small brush I felt this has more control and details.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Nice work with your mugshots Nelvia!
Helen said…
I like this one. Not the guy... the style. :)
H
Morning Nelvia. The eyes look just great and I think you skin tones are coming along nicely. It looks like you added a bit of the green from his shirt to the shadows on his face which I think is a nice touch - well done.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, I always appreciate that you are in my corner. Almost Fall now!!
Nelvia said…
I kind of like the watercolor loose look too. Wish I could loosen up more. Am going to start a bigger picture where I am going to work with big brush and try to go more marks than detail. We'll see.
Nelvia said…
Hi Val, as you can see the skin changes from day to day. I haven't found my consistency yet. Lots more to work on but getting there is half the fun. Thanks for all your support and comments, means a lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo