30 Day Challenge - Day 6 - Mugshot 6

                                                                   Mugshot 6  4"x4"
Ok I have switched both paper and media today and went to color pencil.  I am trying to use a pretty limited palette and took a shot at depicting dark skin tones.  Because I was working with pencil I felt like I had a bit more control.  However because the paper has some texture to it I have valleys with no color - tomorrow might try some Bristol board and see how that goes, or maybe hot press watercolor paper - both have really hard smooth finishes.  I think I might stay a while with this - would like to try doing pastel but am not really sure I can get fine enough details since I am working so darn small.  I might have to try to enlarge some of the future ones to get what I want - oh well, got to at least try to do these small ones for half the month.
Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Nice work Nelvia!! I just realized how small you're working with!
You are getting better at these so working small is a great learning experience which should serve you well when you go bigger. I really like the subtly of this piece. Well done, Nelvia.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo