30 Day Challenge - Day 25 - Study of Woman

Due to the circumstances I wasn't able to use the proportional dividers or a ruler and to be honest I really didn't spend a lot of time using the pencil to measure - I was pretty much just "eyeballing" it.  I started out just working on several nose positions and then decided I wanted to try to do a full face (get impatient I guess)
 I started with just doing plane angles for the outside of the head dimensions.  Then rounded those out and when happy with the base drawing I started to shadow in the drawing.  This was started while waiting and finished while flying so it was a couple of hours work.
For whatever reason I have to say that it was relatively easy to come together (even hubby, my biggest critic, thought I caught the likeness to the photo)  and I am going to check it with the proportional dividers, but am thinking that I pretty much got them in place.  I do think however, looking at this that her ear is pretty large as it merges into the shadow at the bottom.
I haven't done many of these silhouette poses, usually working more full face.  But the good thing is that each of these teaches you something.
Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Helen said…
You never stop pushing yourself to learn more, to develop your skills, to be better. I think I need to tap into some of that self-motivation. :)
H
Always great to see your progress Nelvia. Just eye-balling it seemed to work for this piece but it is a bit hard to see on the darkish background - why grey?

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo