30 Day Challenge - Day 11 - Mugshot 11

                                                            Mugshot 11   4"x4"
You know some days it seems to come together and you think you got something and then it all goes away and it is like starting over.  Still was working with the premixed Sanden skin tones.  They seem to me however to get still pretty gray so back to the study books.  I have several books on portraits in oil and pastel and these colors seem so orange.  Will go over the colors used in those exercises to see if I can come up with what I think in my mind looks more normal.  Thankfully in a few weeks I will be able to love at the masters and see what colors their lustrous flesh tones are comprised of.

This again is acrylic and I think in this mugshot I finally concentrated less on technique and picked up some of the despair that you got to feel being in this situation.  Only thing is I don't think I made her look as aged and worn as the photo. But maybe that is the right of the artist and what separates the camera from the painting, that it's not quite as harsh as that single moment when the image goes on the camera.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Morning Nelvia. I think this one knows and cares that she screwed up. Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo