30 Day Challenge - Day 2 - Mugshot 2

                                                                        Mugshot 2
Still using the Artagain paper and not happy with it.  Tried this man with the scruffy look, the sort-of beard.  Again using the graphite and white pastel.  Really am struggling with the smaller features in getting the to look life like.

 Also the straight on views gives me lots of nose/nostril issues.  I have found a guy now on Youtube, art of Wei, that I am going to,watch a bit as he breaks down individual features.  He thinks main thing on nose is to make and shade like three balls, especially on the terminator line, and be sure to leave the reflected light under as that adds to dimension.

 As I am looking at this I can see that my angles are off between the main features eyes, nose and mouth.  One thing I am going to have to give up and do is really try to come up with a measuring system.  Ok, so that is the purpose of this month to get this stuff ironed out.

Thanks much for stopping by.


Comments

I think you are very brave to take on these mug shots. I don't think portraits of people or animals are easy to do - good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo