30 Day Challenge - Day 14 - Mugshot 9

                                                                     Mugshot 9 - 4"x4"
Well I have to admit that what drew me to this person is the hair (I am betting that it is bleached since I see the dark roots) and that square jaw.  Again this is colored pencil, but now I am on Bristol board so it could blend a bit smoother but I wanted to leave strokes apparent in this one.  Normally I am a blender but again when you look at a lot of successful artists they show strokes instead of having a totally smooth transition.  So this is my shot at that.

Right now I started out working ahead and am maintaining that which is good as it really takes a lot of the pressure off.  I know I say this each time but the first week is almost on us and it has gone pretty good.  Not sure however that I am seeing lots of improvement but am trying lots of different colors.  I think I still have the eyes too dark so will need to experiment with finding other solutions for that but I do like his nose and think I was able to incorporate some of the shadow tips and tricks for doing that.


Thanks much for taking a look.

Comments

I really admire people who can do such good work with coloured pencil or ballpoint pens. I think this is super Nelvia.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo