30 Day Challenge - Day 13 - Mugshot 13

    
                                                               Mugshot 13   4"x4"
This is my try at hispanic skin and I think when I first started I had excellent light black skin tones down right; which of course is too dark for hispanic skin.  So I tried to add more yellow and some green to these tones.  Again I am looking at trying some different skin palettes and colors.  I tired to work like yesterday, in from the darkest outside, but wasn't as successful on this portrait as seems to me the lighting gave a lot of midtown es - not super darks or highlights.

All colors are primarily being mixed right now with ultramarine blue, cad yellow lt, cad red, white and I threw in a bit of burnt sienna and some raw sienna so I could get something that either added a bit of yellows or reds.

I am a little frustrated because on all these mugshots I am getting really close to a likeness but not getting the likeness.  Finally my proportional dividers are here and will see if that makes a difference.    I am also chomping at the bit to get a bigger picture going (Avery who I  used on day 5, so might go ahead and get it drawn in - still debating on whether or not I am going to do pastel or acrylics.  I guess too in this small size I am getting the drawing pretty close, but probably not spot on, and then when I add the paints I am losing it.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
You definitely got the perfect color Nelvia...you're doing so good with these mugshots....
Jane said…
I don't know if the likeness is good, but the portrait surely is ! Love all the shades/dots and the expression.
I have no idea how close this guy is to the real thing but he looks pretty good to me!. I wonder if you tried Alizarin instead of the cad red you might have more success - that is what the only book I have on portraits suggests. Good plan to go larger for a bit - Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo