30 Day Challenge - Day 22- Young Boy


Took a few days off and got to sit down a few minutes to work on another portrait.  Obviously this isn't a mug shot and this boy isn't any criminal.  He has a sweet expression.   
This is the first portrait I have used the proportional dividers.  I think as I get into a better position to be sure I am in the same measuring spot each time it will improve.  
This is graphite on gray paper.  I am going to mark this and then Work through Lee Hammond's book, Draw Real People, and see if I can get better at capturing the likeness.  
Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Very nice portrait Nelvia! Getting the likeness is always a challenge but a fun challenge!!!!!
A lovely piece Nelvia. I have seen some portrait work over the years that doesn't look anything like the real person, I applaud you for takingon such a challenging subject!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo