30 Day Challenge - Day 15 - Mugshot 15

                                                                Mugshot 15   4"x4"
I chose this person as she had what I call "sallow" skin tones with the overall color reading as yellowish.  I also was kind to her in that she hadn't done her roots in quite a while and her hair was quite a brassy/blonde color (I tried to mix it and since I applied wet-into-wet it didn't really read but blended into the earlier base tones of the hair).  So I compensated and gave this a wilder background.

I am trying now to not obsess so much on the techniques but try to capture the feeling and emotion of the person.  She looked to me like she was totally defeated.  Since these are mostly college kids I thought it was unusual that someone so young looked so down, but guess she had a rough day or night.  I have had a few folks with kind of pouty expressions and this mouth was set in an unusual way as well which I think added to her expression.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Beautifully painted!!! And now you're a beautician as well!!!! I like her serious expression..well done on the skin tones!!
I wondered about the background on a few of these mug shots pieces as I didn't realize that you were livening them up in the paintings. I am also wondering if doing these is depressing - lol

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo