Day 15 30 Day Challenge Monoprint Cat resurrected

Half way there!!   Yep Day 15 is upon us.

Well darn I got a little too efficient and erased what I started with off the camera before I uploaded it. Anyway suffice it to say this was my try with the acrylic mono print.  Ellen tells me that you can work over them.  So I started out with a very ghostly blob, you could barely see any lines to paint with - it all kind of smeared together.  Then I just tried to overwork it with more acrylic that was similar colors to what I had and where I wanted to go and this is what I ended up with.  I guess I have to say I am not sure it was with all the effort to do the mono print as most of it is covered up again.

I think if it would have transferred more paint on the print portion I could have added less paint.  So it is back to the drawing board.  But the good news is that I at least didn't totally waste the couple of days that I played with this.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.  Oh yeah!!  I just looked at the day and we are half way through.  You shouldn't wish time away but I am finding that I am wishing this challenge was over.  Well, maybe not....

Comments

hmuxo said…
Very nice work Nelvia! I liked your previous kitten!!!
Joan Tavolott said…
I think it came out well. The eyes are wonderful! Any work or experimenting teaches us something.
Sheila said…
Thanks for sharing your process Nelvia. I have never done Monoprints, so I don't know much about them. This little guy is just too sweet. He looks a little sad. Gorgeous work on his eyes. WOW!
Yeah, That day always comes, when we wish it was over. And before you know it, it is. LOL
Unknown said…
Just keep playing with different techniques - learn from your experiences but have fun in the process! Think it looks good.
Getting tired of the whole challenge thing Nelvia? Hang in there! Such a cute kitten although it sounds like a lot of work; first to paint it on glass then to paint the prints again. This is obviously a great learning experience. Hang in there girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo