Day 20 30 Day Challenge Flowers pan pastel

                                                                           Peonies
                                                                            5"x9"
                                                                         Pan Pastel
2/3s of the way so got to celebrate!!  Such a dreary day outside today that I totally changed subjects.  Actually I got my Burpees catalog yesterday and got one for Paul too.  So we sat in 70+ degrees on the porch with our wine and drooled over the plants.  Looks like I have some marching orders to change up the garden this year.  Why, do I volunteer for this stuff, oh yeah, I like playing in the mud.

Well anyway I wanted to see how the pans did for flowers so pulled one of my botanical watercolor books and took a shot at it.  I added just a slight touch of color pencils and tried some of my iridescent pastels too.  They came out very velvety and soft, kind of like real petals.   I really have to say that this pans are probably one of the most versatile tools that I have found.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Sheila said…
These delicate flowers are so sweet and lovely. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your experience with the pastels. Don't know how I missed your yesterday, but that was wonderful too :)
Joan Tavolott said…
The pastels really let you captured the delicate look of the petals. Lovely!!
Nelvia said…
You really have got to try the pans Sheila if you are interested. They are so versatile.
Nelvia said…
Hi Joan, yes I might give flowers more of a look see now as I like the pan results. Be interesting to see how it does on roses.
This is a real change of pace for you Nelvia but it is lovely. The petals are so delicate. I bet we will see more flowers in your future.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo