Day 18 30 Day Challenge Breakout mouse pastel

                                                                       Breakout
                                                                          3"x5"
                                                                       Pan Pastel
I did this little guy, a super reference photo from Max Hemingway of PMP, back in 2014, but with his buddy and a cat that was asleep, or was he?  That was done in graphite and again I did a little of the tromp o'loeil effect.  Not sure but do you think I should put a little shadow under his feet to make it appear even more that he icon the outside of the mat?

This time he was done in pan pastels, but he is still trying to get away.  I kind of like these little guys as they have a bunch of personality and might try the larger painting again but all in color this time.  Boy I can think of all the things I have to do, want to do, can do and I just get tired.  But for now I am off to racking leaves off the yard.  Somehow I got blessed with the entire neighborhoods leaves and I can hear my grass gasping.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Sheila said…
I love both of these! He is too cute... is he reaching for a crumb of cheese?? I think a shadow would be super cute. He is a sweety as is though :)
Nancy Goldman said…
I really like them both. I think a shadow would really look great!
Joan Tavolott said…
He is so cute and I love him coming out of the mat!!!
Unknown said…
This is so cute. love it.
Another cute piece, Nelvia. I think he should have shadow under his foot too. A charming idea!
Nelvia said…
I really like tromp o'loeil and want to try to do a few more of them. They are cute on paper, but I don't want to see them in real life.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Nancy, am going to add it in as I think it should be there, might even help to place him more outside the interior frame of the mat. Hope all is going well for you.
Nelvia said…
As I said I like the tromp o'loeil effect but would have to study up on it a bit more. There is a graphite artist, J D Hillberry , who does excellent work and has written a book. Might have to reread it.
Nelvia said…
Thanks for taking a look. I just love these pans.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo