Day 7 30 Day Challenge Pastel Horse

Not exactly sure why, but this horse is tiny, 4"3.5".  So it was a bit of a challenge to get some of the features in - but boy this guy had some ears and I got all of them I guess.  Anyway the background is pan pastels - oh I just love them for the even backgrounds and smooth gradations.  It did take an additional layer though at the end to add a bit more depth to the color and also clean up the edges of the horse.  Most of the horse is done with pastel pencil and the bridle is done with color pencil so I could get a bit more control.

Since today is the day that we did all the parades (yes I was doing this on 1/2, I always try to be ahead any more then  I can miss and still post if needed)  I just wasn't in the mood to do anything this morning, but I persevered and so do have another day in the bag for when I want a break or to be lazy farther into the challenge.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look, much appreciated.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Nice job on this. I like how the bridle has some similar shading to the background. It gives it a lot of harmony.

What kind of parades did you have?
Joan Tavolott said…
Wasn't it icy down there?
So you are starting to do miniatures are you Nelvia? Wow, that is small but you did a great job. I have managed to get ahead a few days too - always a relief when you never know what life is going to throw your way. Have a great day!
Nelvia said…
Well I didn't start out to do so, but guess I ended up going that direction. I like them small as they go much faster but harder to do the detail. Yes, doing some work aheads is the only way I want to do the challenge any more, way too much pressure to try to do it daily. Plus, I just get tired. Heck only about 1/3 way through and I've hit the wall.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo