Day 28 30 Day Challenge Chinese Lantern Botanical Dendritic Print

Just 2 more days of the challenge and I am looking forward to having more time to spend on these prints and using different papers.  From what I can tell at this early stage it really is important to have a smoother paper, at least for the overpainting.  Here is a go at a botanical print of flowers I have tried to grow, unsuccessfully, the Chinese Lanterns.  You can see with the acrylics, applied as a watercolor-type wash, that the texture shows through.  I wanted more of the background to show through the lantern that is pretty decomposed, but it didn't some out as I wanted - it really needed darker under color, but you live and learn.

Just a note, I really didn't have a lot of spamming during this challenge until the other day.  Then I got hit with domain2008.com - according to google DON'T HIT THEM, as they truly are someone who is trying to get you to respond.  I am not really sure how all these things work - thankfully my blog isn't big enough to attract their attention usually, but they hit the site 60 times during that day.  If anyone understands those things, can you explain it to me?

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Lovely job on the Chinese lanterns...great color. Sorry about the spamming. Hopefully it won't happen again.
I like the simplicity of this Nelvia - a Chinese lantern in an almost oriental style of painting - very cool! Too bad about the spamming, I am sure it was super annoying.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo