Day 26 30 Day Challenge Child/Dog pastel study

Well usually I write down when I see photos that I want to use in future paintings, didn't in this case and it took me as long to find the references as it did to paint the study.  Good news is that I did find some really good additional photos that I want to do.  And yes, I did make sure that I put them into my spreadsheet for easy finding.

These subjects are from two wonderful photographers, at PMP, gemgirlwv and Laura Heineken.  I am not sure that it will stay a beach scene, but maybe.  

This is on Artagain paper and is a combo of pan, regular and pencil pastels for the details and small places.  This is only 6"x8".  

thanks much for stopping by to take a look

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Looks like he's ready to race her. lol Great study of the two figures.
Sheila said…
Love the soft details. This sweet scene makes me smile :)
Looking good, Nelvia although I think the background needs to be a bit darker so the dog shows better. Citing references can be a challenge but it sounds like you have a good method. Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo